A version of this article appeared on Mint Mag: 10 Ways To Bring Summer Into Your Home
Have a look at these tried-and-tested decor tips to bring sunshine into your home. A little playful print here, a happy homeware piece there .. here are ten ways to make your indoors more inviting, plus some pretty products to make it happen.
- Add an element of carefree playfulness: a quirky flower pot, your child’s framed giant doodle, a funny print.
notonthehighstreet.com | aprilandthebear.com
- Make it memorable: print out those pictures you’ve taken on your last holiday and make a little wall gallery collage.
- Colour me happy: place accent pieces in invigorating citrus colours all over the house.
etsy.com | ikea.ie | ourgreenroom.co.uk | Hay on nest.co.uk
- Bring the outside in: make a rustic floral arrangement with garden flowers and hedge cuttings for that fresh natural scent and feeling of lush abundance.
ruffledblog.com | tinekhome.com
- Cheerful china: go for the happiest homeware set in the store; add some colour. There!
notonthehighstreet.com | bohemiadesign.co.uk
- Happy hour: get out that cocktail set you got for your wedding and never use, buy some funny straws and find your inner mixologist.
johnlewis.com | nomliving.com | magpiemiller.co.uk | postboxparty.com
- Go boho: a beachhouse-style rug, obligatory milk urns, an indoor/outdoor lounger and enjoy the summer living.
- Seaside sentimental: white-painted floors. Try paint your floors in a sea-colour hue: light green, turquoise… Floor-painting is for the brave so send us your Instagrams if you’re doing it.
lindajuhola.com | vintage-house.blogspot.ie | residencemagazine.se
- Paint your front door something other than grey and buy a cheery doormat that will put a smile on your face every time you come home.
cocomatsnmore.com | danheller.com | coastalliving.com
- Finally, make sangria! Try this pretty infographic recipe from vinepair.com.