How To Create An Outdoor Oasis
And so the good weather has finally arrived! Whether you have a patio, back garden, or a small balcony, take advantage of the warm temperatures and long evenings with our guide to creating a luxurious and inviting outdoor oasis.
We browsed around on Pinterest to find these inspiring outdoor living spaces. Remember, you don’t need all that much: lots of cushions, some comfy seating, a cosy fire, and lots of lush greenery … And our top tips on how to design your own outstanding outside oasis:
- Find furniture and accessories that are both practical and relaxed.
- Keep the seating low.
- Don’t overcrowd your outside area.
- Build it around a fire pit, a nice low table or a worthy water feature.
- Don’t go ultra-expensive; keep it neat, simple and open.
- Replicate your living room colours and style for that indoor-outdoor symmetry.
- Create functional, easy-maintenance spaces in which you can socialise effortlessly with your family and friends.
- Try out different designs, using your favourite brands via tools such as Polyvore or Sketch-Up.
Finally, here are some casually sophisticated products we liked that would look great in any outdoor space:
The Lounging Area
The Dining Space
For The Table