Sumptuously dark interiors hand-picked from the IMAGE Interiors house tours…
You might think that black is dark and depressing. Gothic. But is it? Dark colours add a touch of drama to a well-put-together interior scheme and present the perfect playground for different lighting sources.
This dark bedroom is in the apartment that won the INSIDE World Festival of Interiors.
A founding principle in modern Far East design – and trendier still in North America – a dark palette can be a wonderful background for your décor accessories. It sets a decadent mood in your sitting room, and, it’s relaxing in the bedroom. Balanced with natural wood and strong colours, it offers plenty of possibilities for an interesting, out-of-the-ordinary interior.
Here are five great examples of how to do dark in the home…
1. This is a masterclass in dark colours in a Sandymount abode.
2. His dark materials in a Dublin 8 penthouse.
3. A sumptuously dark country house.
4. A polished dark gem in leafy Blackrock.
5. An alluringly dark-chic Amsterdam apartment.