Published on image.ie
Everyone knows the focus of the living room is the all-important, get-it-right-or-else sofa, so we went browsing for the best ones out there…
The living room is in many ways the most important room in the house, the room that sees chill nights and parties, needs to looks good, but also needs to work hard. Which is why the sofa reigns supreme and will define the tone of the room. This is a make-or-break purchase, people.
We think a good sofa must tick three boxes: be comfortable (you’d think this would be obvious but many are a penance to sit on for long); have a good shape, and project a timeless style. Whether you’re into luxuriant loungers, casual seating, modular sofas or mid-century frames, our top 10 sofas from autumn 2014 fulfil all our criteria for a cracking couch.
1. Ritchie three-seat sofa, around €755, Made
2. Jeepers daybed, around €910, Loaf
3. My Cube chaise by Fama, from €1,590, Julia Jones
4. Ercol Studio couch, around €3,570, Nest
5. The Rest sofa by Muuto, €3,590, The Finnish Design Shop
6. Sit-Up sofa by Vibieffe, from €3,809, Lomi Design
7. Ruche settee, from around €4,310, Ligne Roset
8. Saari sofa, around €5,405, The Conran Shop
9. Charles sofa by B&B Italia, from €7,190, Minima
10. Profile four-seat sofa, €4,620, with tartan cushions by Jean Paul Gaultier (€190 each), Roche Bobois